JOB DESCRIPTION – SCENIC PROJECT MANAGER
Footprint Scenery is looking to recruit a Project Manager for its production and scenic operations based at Queens Road Peckham. We are looking for a reliable, hardworking, trustworthy individual who can work on their own and as part of a team. You will be based in our office and onsite as required. You will need to be flexible in working hours as working early mornings, late nights and weekends is part of working within this industry.
A well connected and respected company, with our fingers on the scenic pulse of the creative live events and entertainment industries, we are very proud of our reputation, our specialist knowledge and the innovative work that we produce. We are a tight-knit, friendly team, offering creative production, with a vast amount of knowledge and experience of delivering prestigious projects with respect and care. It’s an exciting time for Footprint Scenery as we continue to grow, we strive to remain as adaptable, motivated and responsive to our new employees as we are to our customers. We value the talents and abilities of our employees and seek to foster an open, co-operative, and dynamic environment in which everyone can thrive.
The role of Scenic Project Manager is an exciting proposition within our growing company. We have a very strong sales strategy at present that is pushing us into more exciting areas of the events and entertainment industries, allowing us to be creative and innovative in the type of projects we produce. We are looking for a candidate with a thorough scenic background who is willing to push the boundaries in our work, helping us to progress further.
- Draughting experience, preparing clear and practical site and construction drawings.
- A good manager of people in all environments
- Hands on scenic construction experience
- Be highly organised & have a meticulous attention to detail.
- Knowledge of CNC machining and appropriate software [training available if needed]
- Able to follow established process and instigate new processes if required
- A calm problem solver and good communicator
- Rhino and AutoCAD essential
Main Responsibilities Are:
- To be the main point of contact during the preparation and production stage of all projects
- To produce clear and concise drawings for both workshop and site works
- Working with the workshop manager to schedule all on and off site resources during every aspect of production.
- To attend all appropriate project meetings to ensure a consistent and practical overview
- To maintain planning visibility of all projects
- To enforce agreed internal as well as external client deadlines.
- Generating purchase orders for all project specific items
- Together with the General Manager keeping detailed records of project spending and staff hours against quoted.
- To organise & run onsite installations & de-rigs as required.
- To offer advice and help to clients, designers and venues to enhance their projects
General Requirements Ensuring:
- Together with the workshop Supervisor to ensure all workshops are kept organised, clean and tidy.
- Together with the workshop Supervisor ensuring all stock materials are kept at a predetermined level.
- All admin, H&S and CDM paperwork is completed on time and to the highest standard.
- Computer systems, data bases, and diaries are kept up to date.
- All appropriate health and safety regulations are adhered to both in the workshop and on site.
- All appropriate paperwork is supplied to site for the onsite team
And any other reasonable tasks or duties as directed by the General Manager or the Directors
We are committed to taking positive action in order to promote such equality of opportunity and our recruitment procedures are based on the requirements of the job, irrespective of race, gender, marital status, sexuality, disability, religion or age. Appointments are always made on the basis of merit and we welcome all applications.
To apply please send CV’s and a cover letter as to why you think you are suited to the job to email@example.com
Salary – Negotiable based on experience – Approx. £35,000 to £40,000 pa
For further information contact Phil on 020 7277 9094